The Hadsel island is located in the middle of the Lofoten and Vesterålen islands, and the varied nature makes it like a miniature of these beautiful archipelagos. The tour around the island is 42 km, in a flat terrain which is easy to ride.
Our tour starts and stops in Melbu. During the round trip, we will have the time to get to know this island’s rich wildlife. There are a lot of eagles in our region, and we can almost guarantee that we will see this beautiful bird, that soars the sky above us, looking for a prey.
There are several places worth visiting on our tour, and we will make several stops. The area called Hadsel used to be a center on the island, and here, we can see the Hadsel Church, the Star monument and the Sun stone. We are cycling along the Planet path to Stokmarknes, the birthplace of the Coastal Express. We will pass the disembarked coastal express «Finnmarken», agriculture areas and beautiful white beaches on the way around the island.
We will have a longer rest after approx. 30 km, at the north western side of the island. Close to Lake Teigan, we find “Gallery Uver & Betty’s Tea Salon”. Lunch included local food is served at Betty’s Tea Salon. They are also specialists in tea and cakes. During the stay, you also have the possibility of doing some canoeing on Lake Teigan and admiring the glassware, which is made by the artist at the gallery.
After this rest, we will bike for å short distance to one of the beaches which is the most popular by the locals on the island. We will make a stop at this beach, and walk “the Path of love”. For the daring ones, there will be a possibility for a little swim.
Our tour continues back to Melbu, enjoying the sight of the mountains called the «Lofoten Wall», and end an unforgettable experience after about 5 hours.
“Life is like cycling. You have to move to be in balance”
– Albert Einstein
- Starting point is at Melbu Hotell. Transport from/to Stokmarknes can be organized.
- Introduction to the E-bike or bicycle and adjusting the helmet.
- Cycling around the Hadsel island included stops at:
– Hadsel Church and the area around
– Lunch at “Gallery Uver & Bettys Tea Salon”
– Canoeing on Lake Teigan
– The beach, Taen
- Returning to the starting point at approx. 5 hours.
Included in the tour
- E-bike or normal bike included helmet
- Lunch at “Gallery Uver & Bettys Tea Salon”
- Canoeing at Lake Teigan
- The beach, Taen
Do you need food and drinks on tour?
It is possible to rent a backpack included local food, hot and cold drinks for NOK 295.
Important to know
It is important to be dry, warm and to feel safe on our tours. Our guide demands correct shoes and outfit, so our guests stay warm and safe. If the outfit is not correct, you will not be allowed to participate.
Please, read our tips and advice about how to dress properly for biking tours. You find it here: How to dress properly for outdoor activities.
A backpack with extra food, drinks and extra clothes is also important for a good experience.
Sustainability and eco-friendly tourism are one of our main priorities. We do not want to leave any traces behind.
We hope you can help us with:
- Not throwing thrash in the nature.
- Walking on the trails already made.
- Listening to the guide’s instruction if we meet animals.
- Using toilette facilities BEFORE starting the tour. There are no public toilets available on this tour.
- Respecting the other participants.