There are several easy available fishing lakes on the Hadsel island. Our fishing trips are always on lakes where the ice is thick and secure.
There is always a thrill connected to ice fishing. Are you patient enough? Will you catch a fish? What bait is the best for the day? What kind of fish may you catch? Is the fish too big for the hole in the ice?
“Give someone a fish, and he will be filled the whole day. Teach someone to fish, and he will be filled the rest of his life.”
– Chinese saying
We have our own camp in the area, where the fire always is burning. Hot drinks are available for our guests. The area is scenic, and you can experience the magical winter light in Vesterålen. This area is well known as a habitat for eagle families, and 100 years ago there was a cave which the eagle hunters used.
After about 2 hours of fishing we will grill todays catch on the fire. Hopefully we will be full of fresh fish, when returning to the pickup points.
Program for our guests
- Pick-up points at hotels in Melbu and Stokmarknes.
- Transport to the area we will visit. This is located maximum 20 minutes drive from the pickup points. There will be a five minutes walk before we reach our camp by the lake.
- Information and distribution of equipment at the camp.
- Ice fishing for approximately 2 hours. During these hours, our guests will be guided in using the equipment, and how to catch a fish. Some good fishing stories will also be served.
- Todays catch will be grilled.
- After 3 to 4 hours, we will return to the pick-up points.
Included in the tour
- Transport to/from our camp and pick-up points
- English speaking fishing-guide
- Fishing equipment, chair and a pad to sit upon
- Hot drinks and todays catch
Do you need food and drinks on tour?
It is possible to rent a backpack included local food, hot and cold drinks for NOK 295.
Important to know
To have a good experience it is important that you feel good, dry and warm. Our guide demands correct shoes and outfit, so our guests stay warm. If the outfit is not correct, you will not be allowed to participate.
Information about how to dress properly for mountain hiking, please read our tips and advices here: How to dress properly for outdoor activities.
A backpack with food, drinks and extra clothes is also important for a good experience.
Sustainability and eco-friendly tourism are one of our main priorities. We do not want to leave any traces behind.
We hope you can help us with:
- Not throwing thrash in the nature.
- Walking on the trails already made.
- Listening to the guide’s instruction if we meet animals.
- Using available toilette facilities in the camp.
- Respecting the other participants.