Midnight sun hike
Join us for a memorable mountain hike while admiring the Midnight Sun. What about seeing the sunset and sunrise in half an hour?
Vesterålen is HIKER’S PARADISE!
Enjoy a mountain hike under the Midnight Sun. At 1 am., the sun is at its lowest, and during our scenic tour on the Hadsel island, you will see both the sunset and sunrise in half an hour.
You can see the Midnight Sun in Vesterålen between the 22nd. of May and the 21st. of July. On days with clear sky, we know where to hike if you want to experience the Midnight Sun. We take you from the pick-up-points to the foot of the mountain. The mountain guide will “spice” the hike with interesting stories and facts about the area and fauna where we are hiking.
On the summit we will experience the Midnight Sun. This is an event where you have to use more senses than the eye. Listen to the quietness, smell the fresh air and feel the special atmosphere. This is an experience to remember the rest of your life.
You don’t want to leave, but after seeing the sunrise, we will return to the pick-up point.
“The mountains in north of Norway are so beautiful and dramatic. Hiking in the mountains under the Midnight Sun is magical. The atmosphere is incredible with the reddish yellow light and fantastic views. It gives me goosebumps!”
– Kenn Løkkegaard, mountain guide in Vesterålen
Program for our guests
- Late in the evening, we start picking up guests. Pick-up places are at Melbu, Stokmarknes and Sortland.
- Transport to the mountain we are to ascend, which is approx. 20 minutes drive from Stokmarknes or Melbu. An extra half an hour drive if you are picked up at Sortland. When arriving at the foot of the mountain, our guests will be provided with hiking poles (if needed).
- Guided mountain hike approx. 2 hours. During the hike we will experience the Midnight Sun from the summit of the mountain. There will be breaks where you can enjoy the view, food and drinks. Remember to bring your camera. We return from the summit at 01.15 pm.
- After 3-4 hours, we will return to pick-up points.
Included in the tour
- Transport between the foot of the mountain and pick-up points
- English speaking mountain guide
- Guided hike to the mountain top
- Hiking poles
- Midnight sun certificate
Important to know
It is important to be dry, warm and to feel safe on our tours. Our guide demands correct shoes and outfit, so our guests stay warm and safe. If the outfit is not correct, you will not be allowed to participate.
Information about how to dress properly for mountain hiking. You find it here: How to dress properly for outdoor activities.
A backpack with food, drinks and extra clothes is also important for a good experience.
We need the sky to be clear or slighty cloudy to experience the Midnight Sun. If we see that the weather will be too cloudy, the trip will be cancelled. Information will be given to the participants.
- Midnight Sun Experience
- The view from the summit
- Knowledgeable English speaking guide
- The eagles and the sound of silence
- Midnight Sun Certificate
NOK 450 /children up to 15 years together with an adult.
Minimum 1 participant
Pick-up points at Melbu, Stokmarknes and Sortland
Sortland: at 10:30 pm
Stokmarknes: at 11:00 pm
Melbu: at 11:20 pm
SEND US A REQUEST
Fill out the form and we will contact you shortly.