Enjoy the beautiful scenery and the Midnight Sun on the same tour. At 01 am. the sun is at its lowest, and on our scenic tour on the Hadsel island, you will see both the sunset and sunrise in half an hour.
You can see the Midnight Sun in Vesterålen between the 22nd. of May and the 21st. of July. On days with clear sky, we know where to drive if you want to experience the Midnight Sun. We take you from the starting point to an area on the Northern side of the Hadsel island. The guide will “spice” the tour with interesting stories and facts about the area and the fauna.
On the camp, we will experience the Midnight Sun. This is an event where you have to use more senses than the eye. Listen to the quietness, smell the fresh air and feel the special atmosphere. This is an experience to remember the rest of your life.
You don’t want to leave, but after seeing the sunrise, we will return to the pick-up point.
“The sun is never setting in my countries”
– Karl V, Spanish King and German Emperor, (1500 – 1558)
Program for our guests
- Late in the evening, we start picking up guests. Pick-up places are at Melbu, Stokmarknes and Sortland.
- Transport to the camp where we are to experience the Midnight Sun, which is maximum 20 minutes drive from Stokmarknes or Melbu. An extra half an hour drive if you are picked up at Sortland.
- When arriving the parking place, we will have a five minutes walk to the area where we are to see the Midnight Sun.
- Midnight Sun Experience and some local midnight snacks.
- After 3-4 hours, we will return to the pick-up-points.
Included in the tour
- Transport between the camp and pick-up points.
- Midnight sun experience in our camp.
- Light meal with local snacks and drinks.
- Midnight Sun Certificate.
- English speaking guide.
Important to know
It is important to stay warm on this tour.
Even if it is summer, the temperature can be as less as 5 degrees Celsius (41 degrees Fahrenheit) It can also be windy.
A backpack with a windbreaker and extra clothes can be useful for a good experience.
We need the sky to be clear or slightly cloudy to experience the Midnight Sun.
If we see that the weather will be too cloudy, the trip will be cancelled. Information will be given to the participants.
Sustainability and eco-friendly tourism are one of our main priorities. We do not want to leave any traces behind.
We hope you can help us with:
- Not throwing thrash in the nature.
- Walking on the trails already made.
- Listening to the guide’s instruction if we meet animals.
- Using available toilette facilities in the camp.
- Respecting the other participants.