Mountain hiking across Hadseløya
Join us for a memorable 5 to 6 hours mountain hike across Hadseløya. On this hike we will follow a beautiful mountain ridge that take you over several tops with spectacular views.
Vesterålen is HIKER’S PARADISE!
The tour starts about 3,5 km. west of Stokmarknes, and our first mountain top is Nilssvensktinden. The climb in the start of this tour is the toughest one, but the struggle is totally worth it when you arrive the first summit, Nilssvensketinden, which is 549 meters above sea level. We will have a break on the summit before moving on.
The next mountain on this tour is Motinden, 625 meters above sea level. The ridge between the two mountains is an easy one. It is quite flat, but the last climb up to the summit is a bit “airy”! However, the view on this summit is extraordinary. You see “everything” from this summit, which is the second highest on the Hadsel island. We will have a break on the summit before heading towards the next summit.
The third and last mountain we are to ascend is Seterfjellet, 570 meters above sea level. We are hiking down to approx. 400 masl. before ascending the top of the mountain. This part of the hike is quite steep, but not very challenging. On the summit you will have a good view at the biggest island in Norway, Hinnøya, and the mountains at the Lofoten islands. We will have a break on the summit before we move on.
The descend from Seterfjellet is an easy one. The terrain is pleasant, the tracks are good, and the view is breathtaking more or less the whole way down to the road. From here, we are being transported back to the pick-up-points.
Program for our guests
- Pick-up points are at Melbu, Stokmarknes and Sortland.
- Transport to the mountain we are to ascend, which is a 5-20 minutes drive from Stokmarknes or Melbu. An extra 30 minutes drive if you are picked up at Sortland. When arriving at the foot of the mountain, our guests will be provided with poles (if needed).
- Guided hike across the Hadsel island, the highest points are between 549 and 625 meters above sea level. During the hike there will be plenty of breaks where you can enjoy the view, food and drinks. Remember to bring your camera.
- After 5-6 hours, we will return to the pick-up points.
Included in the tour
- Transport between the foot of the mountain and pick-up points
- English speaking mountain guide
- Hiking poles
Want to make the experience even more memorable?
We want to make the experience even more memorable for our guests.
That’s why we offer pictures and video taken by drone of the spectacular surroundings with you in the frame during the hike.
This service is not included in the price of the tour, but can be added for an additional price of NOK 795.
Please note that this offer is only available:
- on days without too much wind
- in non-restricted areas
- on tours where the guide has a drone pilot certificate
Do you need food and drinks on tour?
It is possible to rent a backpack included local food, hot and cold drinks for NOK 295.
Important to know
It is important to be dry, warm and feel safe on our tours. Our guide demands correct shoes and outfit, so our guests stay warm and safe. If the outfit is not correct, you will not be allowed to participate.
Please, read our tips and advice about how to dress properly for mountain hiking. You find it here: How to dress properly for outdoor activities.
A backpack with local food, drinks and extra clothes is also important for a good experience.
- Knowledgeable English speaking guide
- The eagles
- The sound of silence
- Three summits with breathtaking views
Prices from NOK 995
NOK 495 /children 8-15 years old together with an adult.
Minimum 1 participant
We offer backpack with local food and drinks
Backpack incl. local food/drinks – NOK 295
Drone pictures/video – NOK 795
Sortland: at 10:00 am
Stokmarknes: at 10:30 am
Melbu: at 10:50 am
SEND US A REQUEST
Fill out the form and we will contact you shortly.