Mountain hiking in Vesterålen
Join us for a memorable and majestic mountain hike with spectacular views and storytelling. The mountains in Vesterålen are called “the green alps”.
Vesterålen is HIKER’S PARADISE!
There are plenty of accessible mountains in Vesterålen. It doesn’t matter where you go. The unbeatable combination of the mountains and fjords, makes the hike a grand experience. When on top of a mountain, the view is so beautiful that you want to stay there forever.
Our guided hikes are in the mountains in the southern part of the Vesterålen islands. The mountain guide will “spice” the hike with interesting stories and facts about the area and fauna where we are hiking.
“Norway’s mountains are stupendous, I could never climb most of them, but it was a great privilege to do even the smaller one with you. Thank you for a great experience. Pictures are super!”
– Raymond Gibson, guest from England
There are a lot of eagles in our region. We can almost guarantee that we will see this majestic bird soar above us, looking for a prey. Moose is also common to see, while the population is high in these areas. You can see the Midnight Sun in Vesterålen between the 22nd. of May until the 21st. of July. We are happy to arrange hiking tours which make you sit on a mountain top at 1 am., when the sun is at its lowest.
We are offering tours to different mountains on the different days of the week, so you will not get the same experience if you want to attend to several tours.
Program for our guests
- Pick-up points are at Melbu, Stokmarknes and Sortland.
- Transport to the mountain we are to ascend, which is a 5-20 minutes drive from Stokmarknes or Melbu. An extra half an hour drive if you are picked up at Sortland. When arriving at the foot of the mountain, our guests will be provided with poles (if needed).
- Guided hike, where the highest points are between 260 and 650 meters above sea level. During the hike there will be plenty of breaks where you can enjoy the view, food and drinks. Remember to bring your camera.
- After 4-5 hours, we will return to the pick-up points.
Included in the tour
- Transport to/from the foot of the mountain and pick-up points
- English speaking mountain guide
- Guided hike to the summit of the day
- Hiking poles
Want to make the experience even more memorable?
We want to make the experience even more memorable for our guests.
That’s why we offer pictures and video taken by drone of the spectacular surroundings with you in the frame during the hike.
This service is not included in the price of the tour, but can be added for an additional price of NOK 795.
Please note that this offer is only available:
- on days without too much wind
- in non-restricted areas
- on tours where the guide has a drone pilot certificate
Do you need food and drinks on tour?
It is possible to rent a backpack included local food, hot and cold drinks for NOK 295.
Important to know
It is important to be dry, warm and feel safe on our tours. Our guide demands correct shoes and outfit, so our guests stay warm and safe. If the outfit is not correct, you will not be allowed to participate.
Please, read our tips and advice about how to dress properly for mountain hiking. You find it here: How to dress properly for outdoor activities.
A backpack with local food, drinks and extra clothes is also important for a good experience.
- The view from the summit
- Knowledgeable English speaking guide
- The eagles
- The sound of silence
NOK 400 /children up to 15 years together with an adult.
Minimum 1 participant
Backpack incl. local food/drinks – NOK 295
Drone pictures/video – NOK 795
Monday, Wednesday and Friday:
Sortland: at 10:00 am
Stokmarknes: at 10:30 am
Melbu: at 10:50 am
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday:
Sortland: at 5 pm
Stokmarknes: at 5:30 pm
Melbu: at 5:50 pm
SEND US A REQUEST
Fill out the form and we will contact you shortly.