The winter light is amazing in our region. A magical light, which will shine upon the mountains and decorate the sky, is a part of the surroundings where we make the hike. Our “dark season” is actually our “color season”.
“Walk slow and feel the stillness, isn’t that also a part of the joy of being in the nature?”
– Odd Børretzen, Norwegian folk singer
From our winter camp, we will be walking in easy terrain. The surroundings are beautiful, and our guide share his knowledge of the area with our guests while walking. There are a lot of eagles in the area, and there is a good chance to see this majestic bird. Our guide will also tell about the cave, which the eagle hunters used while capturing eagles for sale in Europe. We will serve hot drinks on this hike.
This hike is not demanding, and will fit almost everyone. You do not need training in walking on snowshoes.
Program for our guests
- Pick-up points at hotels in Melbu, Stokmarknes and Sortland.
- Transport to the area we will visit. This is located maximum 20 minutes drive from the pickup points. An extra half an hour drive if you are picked up at Sortland. There will be a five minutes walk before we reach our camp.
- Information and distribution of equipment at the camp. Adjusting snowshoes and hiking poles.
- Snowshoe hike for about 2,5 hours. During the hike, there will be a beverage break.
- After 4 to 5 hours, we will return to the pick-up points.
Included in the tour
- Transport to/from foot of the mountain and pick-up points
- Guided snowshoe hike
- Snowshoes and hiking poles
- Hot drinks
Do you need food and drinks on tour?
It is possible to rent a backpack included local food, hot and cold drinks for NOK 295.
Important to know
To have a good experience it is important that you feel good, dry and warm. Our guide demands correct shoes and outfit, so our guests stay warm. If the outfit is not correct, you will not be allowed to participate.
Information about how to dress properly for mountain hiking, please read our tips and advices here: How to dress properly for outdoor activities.
A backpack with food, drinks and extra clothes is also important for a good experience.